Life in NYC is trying; it will test every last strand of your patience. And, just when you think you have it all figured out, the mean streets of Gotham will hurl yet another curve ball your way.
Have you ever found yourself in one of the following situations?
- Your apartment (or "space," if you live in NYC) has turned in to a scene from Hoarders, and you're getting to the point where you'd rather be anywhere - even at work! - other than home. You've considered hiring a maid but, after looking at prices, realized that it's out of your budget.
- You live in an apartment building without all of the bells and whistles (read: no doorman or maintenance staff), and/or you and "Mr. Fix-it" are no longer dating. Face it, you need help: installing that chandelier - hanging drapes - mounting your flat screen television to the exposed brick wall across from the sofa - rearranging furniture to make your space more "feng shui" - etc.
- "Oh, wait. I have to assemble this IKEA furniture myself?"
- "I really want the iPhone 4 (or whatever number they're on now), but I don't have time to stand in that god awful line at the Apple store. Now what??"
- You're moving to a new apartment and don't want to hire an expensive company.
- You need to exchange your current cable box for a newer one at Time Warner, but their hours perfectly match the ones at your day job. How is this going to work?
- Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
Does any of the above sound familiar?
Just when I thought that I was on the brink of yet another NYC-induced melt down, fate stepped in: I was introduced to Task Rabbit, a company created to make the lives of us on-edge New Yorkers (and folks in Boston, the San Fransisco Bay area, Los Angeles, and Orange County) that much easier.
What is Task Rabbit? A service that connects you/me with "rabbits," or employees (all of whom have successfully completed a multi-step application processs, including a criminal background check, video interview, and essay), who can help you get the job done. Whatever that job may be. Think Craigslist, minus the "Is this legit?" factor.
How does Task Rabbit work? Post your desired task on the website, including how much money you will pay for the job. Now, sit back while "rabbits" make you offers! And don't worry, your credit card will not be charged until the task is closed.
Watch the video, below, for a super quick interactive tour!
So, what's in it for you? Because you're a 'Lunch Belle' devotee, Task Rabbit is giving you $30 to use towards your first Task! Considering that each Task typically goes for $20-$30, this is a HUGE deal and savings!
So, are you ready to make your life a little bit easier? Free up some time in that busy schedule of yours? Then click here to get started - and please use the following $30 discount code upon checkout: TLBREADERS
***FYI: this code is good for all locations that Task Rabbit covers: NYC, Boston, San Fransisco Bay area, Los Angeles, and Orange County, CA***
You're welcome, in advance!
Until we eat again,
The Lunch Belle